Apply to GDPE
Preferred Application Deadlines
To start in Fall: January 15
To start in Spring: November 1
Applications are open one year in advance of desired start term.
- Confirmation from a GDPE faculty member that they will serve as your advisor*
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the agricultural, anthropological, biological, biochemical, mathematical, or physical sciences from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE scores are not required for admittance to the GDPE program – check with your prospective advisor for any specific requirements they may have
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose (typically <2pg; here’s some good advice on how to prepare this)
* Students can still apply without a confirmed advisor, but cannot be admitted until we receive a letter of commitment from that advisor.
- Successful completion of at least one course in Statistics and one course in Ecology
- An average GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated evidence of scientific productivity (particularly PhD students)
- Articulated evidence of leadership qualities
Submit Application Materials
Enter reference contact information into your application. Your references will be emailed after you complete the necessary steps.
- To submit official transcripts, contact your previous institutions to request submission of official transcripts to Colorado State University (Institution Code 4075)
- To submit electronic test scores and transcripts, contact the institution and send to Colorado State University (Institution Code 4075; email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to Graduate Admissions. Do NOT send transcripts, test scores, or letters of recommendation to GDPE; it will delay your application.